28 januari 2011

...about a backpack

Here´s a sweet story for you, about the fact that we should try to circulate things in life. I just got myself a new backpack, a small simple one, for my trip to Thailand. Just plain, black, Haglöfs, cheap, nothing spesh. As I got the bag home, I realized though, that I now had one too many bags, as I can only carry one backpack at a time. So, I decided, the old one must go. I try to live by the rule: if something new comes in to my life, something old has to be released (as goes with food... hehe). So, in this case, I would have to let go of my Osprey Stratos. I know, it´s a darn good bag, light, side access, pockets for all you need, light weight climbing bag etc. But, it had done its job - that is, it was serving me whilst hiking around up in the mountains in Bergen, Norway. Here in Sweden - it was sitting in the dark, not being used at all, since I´ve got my Arcteryx around town.

I put up an ad a couple weeks ago and got a reply a few days ago. This guy, I could tell straight away, was really keen. He knew what he wanted, and he knew this was a good bag for a darn good price! And the funny thing, he was a Norwegian - living in Sweden! Funny...

He sent me emails and called me up - just to be sure he would get the bag. The bag was in real good condition - no holes or such, a few beauty scraches, had survived through tough Norwegian West Coast climate... says it all. The guy was really keen - before you knew it - he had put all the money + extra into my bank account! I could hear on the phone... he had found something real good. I sent it off Wednesday and got a sms today Friday, the bag had now been delivered! He wrote a real sweet message, telling me how much he liked it and that he will be using it alot! But the sweetes thing... he wrote that his dog had been really interested in the bag, sniffing abouts! Made me smile... since I had the Myf right by my side walking up those mountain hills in Norway, being my best mate at the time.

Now the bag will be used again - and not just sitting around in the cupboard collecting memorys about the old days, when being wanted... Now the bag will be taken out for new adventures with a very proud new owner - and his partner and their dog. Climbing new mountains, hiking in new fields, experiencing new sun sets...

Makes me smile anyway! The joy of circulating things, recycling and reusing. If you buy something new, make sure you let go of something old. In the end of the day, it can put a smile not just on your face, but on a fellow being :)

Peace //Alex

3 kommentarer:

  1. Underbart! Så skall det vara. Inte handla nytt bara för att man inte orkar gå ner i källaren för att hämta prylen. Puss gumman

    SvaraRadera
  2. :) Puss tillbaka till dig å L! Visst är det underbart med recykling, haha tänker på groddräkten till L :) //Love

    SvaraRadera
  3. It´s your babe sen när du vill ha den. Pussssss! <3 Saknar dig! <3

    SvaraRadera