27 juli 2010

On sleep

Went to bed late last night... by late meaning at ten pm. That is late for me. I really need to be in bed at EIGHT pm - or, at the latest, between eight and nine pm. That is, I would need to be in bed at eight when I choose to work the way I do right now - having to be at work at eight in the morning and having at least a thirty minutes drive to work. That means I would want to get up at five in the morning - or between five and six. Often I wake up at four though - being light as it is now during the summer.

Point is - I truly belive people are not getting enough sleep, and what people acctually view as "normal" amounts of sleep, or "normal" bed time, does not work for me. If I can fall a sleep at eight pm, I feel rested if I get up at five. So that would make up a total of nine hours of sleep. If I fall a sleep at nine and get up at five, I would also feel quite good, or, I would feel ok, but would rather stay in bed for another hour. So, for me to feel good throughout the day, I would definitely need between eight to nine hours of sleep. To feel super though, I think I would need up to ten hours of sleep every night. Or, is there a limit? But as it is, I am having trouble fitting in more sleep then about nine hours every night.

Last night - I think I slept about seven hours. And - I did not feel rested in the morning. Now in the afternoon - I feel like having a nap.... which I normally do not feel like. And I´m day dreaming about getting back into bed this evening... which I also almost never dream about... so, I really notice the one hour shortage of sleep.

Now, if I would say to people that I´d rather go to bed at eight pm, that would not be considered... hm, should I say, "normal". People don´t seem to be prioritizing getting enough sleep. Or even knowing that they would need more sleep every night to feel the best. And I am still learning how much sleep I would need each night to function optimal each day!

Anyways... just wanted to say that getting enough sleep is really important for me...
Don´t you agree?

All the best :) /Alex

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar